5.18.2010

A Mild Introduction

I have been meandering around the food blog community for awhile now, and have seen so many sites that I absolutely adore. I said to myself, it's only a matter of time before I finally get the nerve to start my very own food blog. So this is my attempt at that. The biggest issue for me was the following. I was kind of nervous about spending so much time baking, photographing, and writing, only to have little to no one read my work. But that's a chance I guess I'm willing to take. I mean, even the fabulous famous food bloggers had to start somewhere, right? So, if you are reading this, then thank you. I hope you enjoy what I make, and continue to stop by.
Now, a little about me? Well, for starters, I am the young age of 19. It's a pretty tough age to be at. Sometimes I wish I was older so I could be done with college and finally start my life somewhere. But other times I wish I younger, and didn't have so much on my plate. It would be nice to go back to the good 'ole days when a big decision was which Saturday morning cartoon to watch and a bad day was when the pouring rain outside was inhibiting a fun bike ride or a trip to the playground. Other than my age, I live in a small town in Ohio, where you know a lot of people and news travels way too fast. I also go to college around the corner and I live at my house while doing so. My major is accounting, and I hope that I'm making the right decision with that one, so I guess we'll see. I would love no more than to go to culinary school, but I just don't think that's the right path for me at this moment. I have a part time job that I work way too little at, but I make up the time by having a blast with my friends. I have had the same best friend since I can't even remember when. She used to live around the corner from me, and our older brothers were joined at the hip as well. I went to a small private school from kindergarden till 8th grade, so that has made me be close to the same three girls from age seven till now, and I wouldn't change one thing about it. I love to bake so much. I want to learn so much more about it, so I guess that's why I'm here. I adore entertaining people. There is nothing that makes me happier than putting a smile on my friend's faces. I really hope to entertain people with my blog, as well as teaching them what I know, and learning what I don't know.

So here I sit, on my comfy bed, with my Michael Bublé pandora radio playing on my laptop, and a cup of tea from my favorite mug by my side, hoping to entertain my readers through my thoughts, experiences, and of course, baking. Take a couple of minutes out of your hectic day and read my blog, and I hope you enjoy.

Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog Erin...I will look forward to your next post! :)
    Beth Johnson

    ReplyDelete